Welcome to Milton Public Library. We invite you to enjoy the library and respect its use by others. While you are here, please follow the rules of conduct we have established. With this in mind, please don't:
- Be noisy and disruptive, including using audible devices without headphones or with headphones set at a volume that disturbs others
- Use threatening, obscene, or abusive language
- Misuse or deface library materials or library property
- Use emergency exits, or obstruct entrance / exit way
- Be intoxicated (with alcohol or drugs)
- Leave children under eight (8) years of age unattended
- Enter with bare feet, roller skates, roller blades or wheeled shoes, or on skateboards or scooters
- Place feet on tables or chairs
- Use tobacco, e-cigarettes, alcohol or illicit drugs
- Eat meals or messy snacks
- Drink beverages without lids near any equipment
- Solicit or sell
- Bring animals into the building (Service Animals exempted)
- Post advertisements or leave flyers without library staff approval
- Photograph, film, or video record, without prior approval of the CEO
- Engage in any activity that violates federal, provincial, local or other applicable laws or Library policy
Theft of library materials is against the law and will be prosecuted.
The library staff reserves the right to request patrons to open any bags, purses or packages for inspection if the anti-theft Library security system is triggered.
If during your visit you do not follow these rules, you will be asked to leave the library premises, in accordance with the Trespass to Property Act (RSO 1980).
Milton Public Library Board
Issued September 1987
Revised June 2010 5th Revision