When you are accessing these databases from outside the library you may be prompted to enter your library barcode. Databases marked by a Canadian Flag contain substantial Canadian content.
- Listen to streaming eAudiobooks online. Choose from classics, mysteries, romance, historical fiction, non-fiction, Spanish and more.
- Instantly available. Unlimited use. Audiobooks are streamed.
- Hoopla Digital
- Borrow eAudiobooks, comics and ebooks, as well as music albums, movies and television shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. Patrons may check out up to 5 titles a month.
- Libraries on the Go
- Borrow and enjoy eBooks and eAudiobooks on your your computer, MP3, smartphones and tablet devices. Enjoy thousands of titles for readers of all ages and interests! Are you an avid reader? No problem! Patrons may have up to 15 titles checked out at at time. English, French titles are available.
- Can't get the app? New options to read and listen through your browser make virtually all devices compatible with the service!
- Naxos Spoken Word Library
- Enjoy thousands of eaudiobook titles and a collection of the world's greatest literature - many classic novels, plays and poetry, from medieval times to the twenty-first century. New titles are added monthly. English, French, German and Portuguese titles are available.
- Accessing from home? Your passcode is your library barcode.
- Tumble Book Suite
- With the Tumble collection everyone is happy! Enjoy streaming talking picture books, read alongs, eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, short stories, classics and videos for all ages.
- Go directly to:
TumbleBook Library - for emerging, beginning and established readers. English, French and Spanish titles are available.
TumbleBookCloud Junior - for children in grades 3 to 6.
TumbleBookCloud - for teens to adults
- Instantly available. Unlimited use. Titles are streamed.
Showcased below are the eBook and eAudiobook content contained in these subject specific databases. Also included are literature and next reads resources.
- Early World of Learning
- Helps preschoolers and children develop reading and oral language skills. Enjoy sing-alongs, narrated stories with word-by-word highlighting, interactive games, a talking encyclopedia, and more to help young learners build vocabulary, comprehension, phonics, and reading fluency.
- Early Canadiana Online
- Calling all history buffs! At your fingertips is a rich collection of early Canadian print heritage featuring works published from the time of the first European settlers up to the early 20th Century.
- Access to some titles may be limited to in library use only.
- Literary Reference Center
- Are you studying literature or enjoy reading the classics, poems and short stories? In this database, you will find detailed information on the most studied
authors and their works including plot summaries, synopses and work overviews, articles / essays of literary criticism, author biographies and interviews, book reviews, as well as classic and contemporary poems, texts and short stories.
- Novelist K-8 Plus
- Quickly find that just-right book. Type in an author, title or key words in the Find box, or browse by age group, and you'll access a rich collection of titles, BookTalks, recommended reads book lists and more.
- Ideal for children up to grade 8.
- NoveList Plus
- Find your next great read or listen. Search among hundreds of thousands of popular fiction and readable nonfiction titles, and discover read-alikes for your favourite books, book lists, book discussion guides, and more.
- Did you know you can also search by mood?